Behavioral Health Clinic
Addiction Recovery & Outpatient Mental Health Treatment Center located in Baltimore, MD
Shelter Housing Q & A
Why do I need shelter housing?The team at Behavioral Health Clinic offers the intensive care you need to detoxify and recover from your addiction. They provide therapy, teach coping skills, and help you understand what drives your addiction so you can move forward to achieve a productive life. But your long-term wellness depends on two life-sustaining essentials: food and shelter. Without these basic needs, you can’t focus on recovering, and it’s hard to resist the addictions you’ve worked so hard to overcome. Behavioral Health Clinic offers shelter housing to give you a safe and supportive environment. You have the chance to live with others who understand what you are going through. When you live in the shelter house, you can continue to regain your wellness while being free from judgment.
What services will I receive at shelter housing?Everyone in shelter housing receives services such as:
- Access to a kitchen and food
- Clean and comfortable bed and room
- Supervised tasks and house activities
- Transportation to and from Behavioral Health Clinic
- Education and skills training to support your transition to independence
What requirements must I follow in shelter housing?Behavioral Health Clinic expects you to meet specific requirements. Everyone in shelter housing must:
- Attend scheduled group and individual sessions
- Comply with the house and program rules
- Agree to not use or possess weapons and illegal substances or paraphernalia
Who qualifies for shelter housing?Anyone seeking both mental health and chemical dependence services with Behavioral Health Clinic can take advantage of shelter housing for up to six months. You’re eligible if you:
- Have a co-occurring diagnosis
- Are free of any communicable disease
- Are not a registered sex offender
- Do not have a history of setting fires
- Don’t have a place to live
- Don’t have housing that supports a sober lifestyle
- Can perform activities of daily living
Services We Offer
Get connected with us today!
To learn more about shelter housing or to apply for a room, call Behavioral Health Clinic at 410-844-4110 or contact us here.
You can also request an appointment here.