Whether we choose to believe it or not, alcohol is an accepted part of our social culture. Whether it is cocktails at happy hour, tailgating at a football game, or at a dinner party, alcohol is the common thread in many social gatherings. Because of its widespread acceptance and availability, we do not immediately associate alcohol with the potential of being addictive and creating significant consequences.
You may notice that you are increasingly desirous of a drink to relieve the stress of everyday life.
Alcoholism is a common health and social problems that affect us every day.
- Alcohol is the #1 drug problem in the United States.
- Three-fourths of all adults drink alcohol with 6% being classified as alcoholics.
- Every day, nearly $197 million dollars is spent on alcohol.
- Nearly 7 million people aged 12 to 20 are reported as being binge drinkers.
- Every 30 seconds, someone in the United States is killed in an alcohol-related car accident.
- Additionally it is reported that approximately 50,000 cases of alcohol overdose are reported each year.
Alcoholism is a complex disease and can cause significant and life-changing consequences. The staff at Baltimore’s Behavioral Health Clinic can provide you with the information and support to help you or your loved one find the best alcohol and drug rehab available. All communication with BHC Baltimore is confidential, and we welcome inquiries from friends and family members. The sooner you reach out to for help, the sooner we can help you get better.
For further information, please contact us at (410) 844 – 4110.